Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Madison!

Seven isn't my lucky number, six is. And my lucky number six turned six today!

When the two pregnancies following Alec's birth ended in loss, we didn't think we would ever have another child. Because of two tragic losses before Alec, we felt that our little man was a pure blessing, and if he was all we had, we would accept it and be happy with our son. But my heart ached for another child and so we decided to try again, the sixth time. I became pregnant and we went through nine months of not knowing what would happen. It was so hard, but the day came when my sweet daughter entered the world. Greg and I both strongly felt that day that she was really special and had such a grand purpose. She is such a joy in our lives and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't have such intense love for her. So on this day celebrating her birth, we are so grateful for our daughter and
wish her many, many more years of happiness.

4 comments:

FOX said...

Oh I loved the pictures looking back in time... see, some of those pictures are how we remember your family, before we left...


Happy B-day Madison!!!!!

ganelle said...

Love her sleeping on the sofa. You are amazing and brave to have faced the worst one more time, and what a blessing in return!

Garity said...

Ditto what Christina said. It's neat to see her how I remember her. Her baby shower was the first baby shower I ever went to! Happy 6th Birthday!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

A beautiful post my dear... she is one cutie pie, that's for sure!