Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!!!!

For some crazy reason, Halloween this year seemed super-stressful. Because of that, I am relieved that it is now November 1st. I know that some of my friends are Halloween fanatics and go all out, but I am not really into Halloween all that much and only decorate because the kids want me to. I know, I'm bad! I did decorate though and here is the masterpiece, the rose bush in our front yard. And yes, those are real roses on the bush next to the spider and webs. Looks sort of macabe. Can you believe that it is November and my rose bush is still blooming??!! There are even new buds forming, but I think the cold weather next week will kill them off.






Our Halloween consisted of going to the church Trunk-or-Treat and then going around the neighborhood for more sweets. Al was a roman soldier (a costume that can be revisited for an Easter pagant) and Maddie was Glenda the good witch from Oz. They were really cute!












They scored a ton of loot from their trick-or-treating efforts and jumped into devouring their stash soon after arriving home. The one thing that annoys me to no end is when they leave their candy wrappers laying all over the house and it already started last night (note the arrow in the picture).


Of course, Mom gets to go through the pile later when the kids are not paying attention and takes the yummy chocolate candy.






1 comment:

ganelle said...

An Easter play? I'll have to maybe start that one with my kids...