Alec had a social studies project where he was assigned a city in Europe and had to complete a project. He was assigned Copenhagen, Denmark. At first, I was disappointed that he didn't get a more exciting city. Wikipedia says it is the "happiest place on earth" (because of its socialism: read it for yourself!), but trying to find something that was child appropriate to present was going to be a challenge. The Vikings saved us. Not the Minnisota kind, but the long haired, axe carrying kind. Now I know they were a bunch of loo
ters who robbed and killed, but they are so totally exciting to 8 year old boys! Instead of buying a model viking ship, Alec and I made one from clay. Here is a picture of it, dragon head and all.
ters who robbed and killed, but they are so totally exciting to 8 year old boys! Instead of buying a model viking ship, Alec and I made one from clay. Here is a picture of it, dragon head and all.His class had a time yesterday when all the parents and some other students at the school could come in to a City Fair and go around to each student's desk and hear a 3-5 minute presentation about a different European city. They kids did a great job and it was really cute to see how hard the kids (and their parents- some were really obvious) worked on these projects. Alec and I are glad it is finally over and the kids look forward to being off track for the next three weeks. A well deserved break for all!

3 comments:
Well done! I always loved learning about the Vikings!
It is a WICKEDLY SWEET project!!!! Much applause are given from the Call Family!!!!!
I SOOOOOOOO miss year-round school!!!!!!! Family vacations never were so great as then!!!!!!!!!
... not to mention that entertaining your kids for 3 months during the summer, while living in a roasting desert, kinda sucketh!!!!
And we love Denmark because that's where Legos were invented!
That dragon head is great! Viking folklore is pretty interesting but I'm with Alec, the whole Viking story is exciting, plundering, looting and all.
Post a Comment