Friday, August 14, 2009

One Crazy Summer!

Here are some highlights from the last couple of months.

Alec received his Bear Rank in Cub Scouts. He also received the religious knot on the same night. We are so proud of all the hard work he does in Cub Scouts. Congrats Al!











We went with some friends to pick wild raspberries in the mountains. It was so much fun!














Unfortunately, everyone ate more than they saved, so I had just enough to make one Raspberry pie. It was sooooooo delicious though! It was eaten so fast, I hardly had time to take this picture before it was gone.













We had to fit in some shooting that day too.

We went ATV riding with my sister and other family. It was the first time I have ever ridden an ATV and I had such a blast! It was kind of hard at first to control the ATV and the ride was a little bumpy, so Madison, who is sitting behind me in the picture, told me she wanted to get off because I didn't know what I was doing.
















I took the kids to Broncos Training Camp. I have to say that even though it was really hot sitting out there, it was really neat to see all the players up close. We could hear some complaining to each other about having to work so hard as they ran by. It was really funny!



After the practice, some of the players signed autographs. Here is Al getting an autograph from some player I don't even know. Since the Broncos don't really have any superstars anymore, one player is as big as the next and the kids all looked on even the fourth string quarterback with awe.

After having such a crazy summer, I look forward to the kids going back on track next week and having the house all to myself again. I am plum tuckered out!

1 comment:

Garity said...

What I wouldn't do for a raspberry pie right now.

Congrats to Alec and his Bear Rank and the religious knot!