For those of you that think hacking only happens to government computers and large corporations, think again.
I found out on Saturday that my business website was hacked and I have had to spend the last few days cleaning up the mess. My site was totally misbehaving on Fri and I thought it was something with my computer. Then a business associate emailed me later and told me he thought I had a virus on my website. I contacted my hosting company and they looked into it. Their scans didn't show anything, but the tech said he looked at the code on my home page and saw something suspicious. I went to the file and sure enough, someone had put some some bad stuff in there at the bottom of the page. I don't know exactly what the purpose of it was, but it was probably meant to damage computers or steal information. All my web pages had it and there were some extra files added too. Fortunately, I was able to delete it all and I had to make some security changes on my server, things that I had overlooked. It has been stressful, but I think I caught it before anything malicious happened. It just angers me that some people just want to destroy the hard work of others. And what ticks me off even more is that they will just move on and find another victim and do the same thing all over again. I wonder if there will be a special place in HE double hocky sticks for evil computer people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH NO!!! I hope everything turns out ok. That really stinks!
Yikes! Good thing you caught it early enough!
So does that mean that if Brandon stays in computers as his line of work, then we are out of your will?
Brandon is so much cooler than any of those computer geek hackers. A technology stud he is!
And my will.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Believe me, you won't be at all interested in the weird things I will leave behind when I depart.
That is just completely wrong. Imagine what these people could accomplish if they used their time elsewhere when it came to computers. Glad you were able to get to it before it completely corrupted everything and you had to start all over! Thank goodness!
Post a Comment