Friday, October 3, 2008

Field Trip Days

Today, Madison went on her first fieldtrip in Kindergarten and got to ride a school bus for the first time. They went to the pumpkin patch at Chatfield. The field trip was all day. A whole day to myself! Well, almost.

I decided a couple of days ago that I just don't spend enough one-on-one time with Alec and so I thought it would be the perfect time to take him out to lunch. I picked him up from school and we went to The Olive Garden (his choice).
Let me tell you, my son really knows how to put away a ton of food. It almost turns my stomach how much he can eat. But you couldn't tell it by looking at his lean body. He didn't get that metabolism from me! He ate a couple of breadsticks, a plate of salad, a bowl of Zuppa Tuscana soup (my favorite! I need to find a recipe) and 3/4 of a personal pizza. Wow! We had a really nice lunch together and I really want to make a habit of spending special time like this with my children because they grow up so very fast.
Madison brought home a souvenier from her field trip. It is a little lopsided and lumpy, but she picked it herself and is so proud. It looks like it has warts, so maybe we will make it look like a witch.

3 comments:

FOX said...

Wow! Alec is so big and Madison's hair is so light!!!!!

I love the pumpkin!!! It rocks!!! Warts and all!!!!

Olive Garden was a great choice too!!!! I love the Alfredo sauce (even though it will probably make me die sooner!!!)

ganelle said...

I never get in enough one-on-on time. Good for you!

Oh, and we went to dinner at OG tonight! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Zuppa Tuscana is our favorite! We have the recipe and make it frequently. We'll be in town next week. Shall we make a large pot? We'll share!