Monday, July 5, 2010

June Is Bustin' Out All Over!

School and baseball filled up much of the month of June. The kids were in school until the 22nd (late, I know!) and so we didn't have much opportunity to do fun summer activities until after they finished up the school year. Alec has been playing baseball since mid-May. His team has done fair, when they haven't been rained out.
Here is a picture of a double he hit. That game so entertaining, the best of the season and maybe of Alec's 3 years playing baseball! He was so thrilled and was beaming afterwards.














Madison decided she wanted an American girl doll, so after saving some money, I broke down and threw in the rest and we made a trip to the store. What a cute place, but sooooo expensive! She decided on one of the "look like me" dolls, and I have to say, it looks a lot like her! Now I just have to help her clothe the thing without putting us in the poor house. Those doll clothes cost more than the real clothes I buy for Madison! Fortunately, I have some friends who have traveled this doll journey and have the scoop on all the places to find bargins. Thanks for the advice!

We were able to fit some visits to the pool into the schedule. The kids only had two weeks until school started up again, so we found some hot days to sit by the pool. Well, I mostly sat by the pool and they swam. I am really starting to enjoy this older kid phase where I can relax and the kids can do their own thing without hanging on me!

The kids go off track the last week of July and I have some more fun things planned for those last three weeks of summer that are sure to please and entertain us all.











No comments: