Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Blog Pressure- Is that like peer pressure?
Well, I have finally entered into the world of blogging. Being somewhat of a private person, I have been restrained from placing my life on the pages of the world wide web. Why you ask? For one, I don't think my life is so interesting that readers will be on the edge of their seat, waiting to see what I make for dinner or what I am doing in my free time (if that exists). Also, I am the type of person who likes to lay low, observing others while not drawing attention to my own life. I had mastered this, reading all the blogs and facebook pages of my friends and family, slipping in and out undetected. I sort of feel like a peeping tom, but because I had been invited to do so, I can move past the guilt. However, every week, I receive more and more links to the life stories of those I know and love. And I feel the pressure. Blog Pressure. "Everyone is doing it" I hear in my head. And as the child who decides to follow the crowd, I now jump off the cliff because someone else has done it. My momma would be so proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!!! I am so glad you succumbed!! Just wait and see... you will become addicted like everyone else! And by the way... you look HOT in your photo!!! :)
I am proud of you! Way to go :) I will be following your blog, because, like some people we know, I am awful at keeping in touch and I love inventions like this that make it just a little easier to keep in touch and hear how others are doing. Thanks for inviting us to see!! PS I want to hear about your 'lemonade'...
As a fellow blog hold out..I'm glad you took the leap!! I'm not doing it cause I can't figure out how to download photos from our camera to the computer!! I would follow your jump off the cliff..but I can't even find the edge. Rebecca thinks you look hot..I'll let Greg drool after you..:)
Post a Comment